We are all sadden by the horrific events that took place yesterday May 20, 2013 in Oklahoma. We are hopeful that through the pain and heartache life will emerge from this devastation. As always, when there is tragedy we come together– we’ve compiled a list to assist in the kindness of neighbors. Every little bit helps.
To our friends in Oklahoma we’re thinking of you, stay safe. Keep positive.
- You can donate to the Red Cross Disaster Relief fund here.
- The Salvation Army is asking for donations to help in their efforts to serve the people of Oklahoma.
Supporters are encouraged to give online at www.SalvationArmyUSA.org or by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769). You can also text the word “STORM” to 80888 to make a $10 donation through your mobile phone; to confirm your gift, respond with the word “Yes.”
Donations in the form of checks designated to Oklahoma Tornado Relief may also be mailed to:
The Salvation Army
PO Box 12600
Oklahoma City, OK 73157
- Feeding America monetary donations can be made at their website to assist feeding the community. $1=8 meals
- AmeriCares is accepting donations to aid in their disaster relief efforts.
- The United Way of Central Oklahoma has activated a relief fund. Financial contributions are the best way to help unless otherwise requested. United Way of Central Oklahoma’s Disaster Relief Fund is open. Donations may be made online at www.unitedwayokc.org or by mail to United Way of Central Oklahoma, P.O. Box 837, Oklahoma City, OK 73101 with notation for May Tornado Relief.
- OK Humane Society needs your help to care for the animals who were impacted by yesterday’s tornado.
Disclosure: Verified Mom receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation is provided unless otherwise stated. All opinions are that of the editor reviewing the stated product. Some posts may contain affiliate links that Verified Mom receives commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. Verified Mom only recommends products that we personally use and feel are a good fit for our readers and their children. If a giveaway is shared, the delivery of the prize to its winner is the sole responsibility of the sponsor. This is being disclosed in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission.