Pinterest is the “IT” thing right now and all the rage. Everyone, well every female, is checking out the latest and greatest Pinterest has to offer. If you are behind the times, Pinterest is a virtual pin board to save or pin items you would like to try or make or things you dream of or hope have one day.
Crafts and home decor is the hot ticket right now but there is more then just glue and glitter on Pinterest. There is everything from clothes to vacations to food and drinks. After searching hours, seriously, I came across some yummy looking garlic knots that had my mouth watering! I wanted them and wanted them now! I of course Pinned them to my board and then kept my search going for more.
Came across a great looking chicken dish I knew my boys would just love. They are a bit picky, so I knew something like chicken nuggets would entice them. So, that got me thinking. Why not have a Pinterest Dinner? I have seen a Pinterest Craft Party. Yes, someone created a fabulous party around crafts they found on Pinterest. Awesome right? I thought so too! So, I printed out my recipes and got to cooking.
Now, I am anything but a cook. I do not like to cook and if it weren’t for my children, I would be eating hot dogs and mac n cheese, every night. So, finding things that actually excite me to get me into the kitchen is a must try. So, while it’s just me and the boys for dinner tonight, hubby is a get together for work, I decided to try out a few of the items I found on Pinterest and give it a go!
Without further ado, here is my Pinterest Dinner…..
Parmesan Panko crusted chicken breasts
Garlic bacon green beans
I changed a bit up with the chicken. Instead of chicken breasts, I made them small nuggets for the kids.
Recipe for the Panko Chicken Breasts:
panko flakes – enough for breading
1 1/2 cups Parmigiano Reggiano – grated – I used the grated cheese from the jar.
2 tablespoons dried basil
1. Trim your chicken breasts of any excess fat. Take a piece of plastic wrap and cover your chicken breasts. Pound them out with a mallet until they’re about 1/4″ thick. (I did not do this step since I cut mine into nugget pieces)
2. In a large deep sided pan over medium-high heat, put enough olive oil to pan fry your chicken breasts.
3. WHILE your oil is heating, place panko into a large dish. Add cheese, basil and season with salt and pepper. Mix together. Press chicken breasts into Panko mixture, breading chicken on both sides. Continue until all chicken is breaded.
4. Place breaded chicken breasts into hot oil and fry until golden brown on both sides. Turning as necessary. Careful not to crowd the pan (do batches if necessary) Roughly 3 minutes per side depending on the thickness of chicken. Allow chicken breasts to rest before serving.
Serve! So yummy and easy! Thanks to Pinterest and bellalimento.
- Flatten and roll each biscuit into a 12-in. rope and tie into a knot; tuck ends under. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. I had to cook these for about to cook all the way through.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; brush the warm knots with the mixture
Disclosure: Verified Mom receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation is provided unless otherwise stated. All opinions are that of the editor reviewing the stated product. Some posts may contain affiliate links that Verified Mom receives commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. Verified Mom only recommends products that we personally use and feel are a good fit for our readers and their children. If a giveaway is shared, the delivery of the prize to its winner is the sole responsibility of the sponsor. This is being disclosed in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission.