It’s almost Halloween and we are deep into the Halloween crafting at our house. If you are a Pinterest addict like me, I am sure you have seen this craft floating around on there as well. It seems super easy right?? Just as ALL pinterest projects seem simple enough, we thought we would try this one out.
What you will need:
Glue, not a glue stick
(Can you glitter glue to save a step if preferred)
How to Make:
1. Place a sheet of wax paper on the table.
2. Trace or draw a spider web on your wax paper. This is optional. We just kind of winged it but for the kids, an idea of what to do would have been helpful.
3. Using the glue trace along the pencil path or make your own path for the spider webs. Make sure you make thick lines. Too thin lines will break and not work well.
If you are using Glitter Glue, you are finished. Let dry for at least 24 hours before continuing.
4. If using regular glue, sprinkle glitter over the glue lines. Remove the excess glitter.
5. Let dry for at least 24 hours.
6. Peel dried web off of wax paper.
Place your web is a spooky place or use as we did in a school project.
Another option if would like, instead of glitter, I had the boys paint some as well.
Once the paint dried, same amount time, we peeled off and placed on our pumpkins.
Our first attempt at the webs was a misfire. We made the lines too thin. It’s important to make sure they are thick and wide.