This recipe was very easy to make and was a HUGE hit in our house! I had to emphasize huge because my very picky eater asked for seconds and even thirds! This is a keeper!!!
3-5 chicken breast
salt and pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup canola oil
3/4 cups of sugar
4 tbsp ketchup
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp garlic salt
How to make:
- Cut chicken into 1in cubes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Heat oil in skillet
- Dip chicken into cornstarch, cover completely and then dip into beaten eggs
- Place chicken in skillet and cook until brown
- Place chicken in a baking dish, typically 9×9 or 9×13
- Wisk all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl
- Pour over chicken, evenly
- Turn chicken to coat all sides with sauce.
- Cook in 350 degree oven for about 15 min.
- Remove chicken and turn to coat with sauce again.
- Cook for 15 more minutes.
I served chicken and sauce over white rice and a veggie on the side. Everyone in the house loved it and there were no leftovers!
I forgot to take pictures while cooking. 🙁
Thanks to http://madeitateitlovedit.blogspot.com/2012/03/sweet-and-sour-chicken.html for sharing your recipe.