For a while now I have been extra careful with what I’ve been putting in my body as well as what my kids have been eating. I’ve gotten rid of over processed foods and cut out a lot of sugar. Well, besides natural sugar that is within fruit! Instead of grabbing a candy bar or ice cream to curb my sweet tooth I know grab fruit! Especially peaches. My fave!
Let me tell you, I have definitely restored my energy! I’ll tell you how I did that soon!
Detox smoothies or healthy drink smoothies are a great way to boost energy and beautify you from the inside out!
There are tons of antioxidants and vitamins in every one of these smoothies.
A perfect way to get the right nutrients to nourish our ever changing bodies.
If you fuel your body right, it will treat you right in return.
Here are 10 Beautifying Detox smoothies that are perfect for summer!
- 1 cup water or coconut water
- 1/2 medium avocado, pitted
- 2 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 cup strawberries (frozen preferred), hulled if necessary
- 1 small/medium beet, ends trimmed and roughly chopped*
- 1 lemon, juiced (about 3 tablespoons or so)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 large ice cubes
- 1 apple ( if sweeter smoothie is desired – optional), cored and roughly chopped
- Steam beet if necessary before starting. See my tips in the headnote.
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend on high until smooth. Adjust sweetness if desired, adding an apple or liquid sweetener to taste if needed.
1) If you are not a beet fan, try adding a handful of leafy greens instead of the beet and include the optional apple. 2) Smoothies shown in pictures does not include apple. Yield may be slightly higher with an apple added in.
I didn’t really measure anything. I took large bunch of kale, several celery stalks, cucumber, fresh peeled ginger, whole apple, juice of a lemon, stevia, and about 3/4 cup of water. Place all in blender and blend on high.
Strawberry Basil Lime via Young&Raw
SPRING DETOX SMOOTHIE VIA SONNETS KITCHEN
Recipe type: Smoothie
- ½ organic cucumber, chopped
- ½ avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 cup organic, raw kale
- ½ cup organic, raw arugula
- ½ cup microgreens and/or pea shoots
- 1 cup coconut water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 ice cubes
Dr Oz: Fruit Smoothie Detox Recipe Ingredients 1/2 cup almond (plain/unsweetened) 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed or chia 1/4 cup frozen blueberries 1/4 banana 1/2 cup ice Directions Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
-1 1/2 cups water
-1 head organic romaine lettuce, chopped
-3-4 stalks organic celery
-1/2 head of a large bunch, or 3/4 of a small bunch of spinach
-1 organic apple, cored and chopped
-1 organic pear, cored and chopped
-1 organic banana
-Juice of 1/2 fresh organic lemon
-1/3 bunch organic cilantro (stems okay)
-1/3 bunch organic parsley (stems okay)
Directions Add the water and chopped head of romaine to the blender. Starting the blender at low speed, mix until smoothi. Gradually moving to higher speeds, add the celery, apple and pear. Add the cilantro and parsley, if you are choosing to add them. Add the banana and lemon juice last.
The fruit and lemon cut right though the grass taste. Feel free to mix and match different greens and fruits, as these two specific food groups combine well.
Disclosure: Verified Mom receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation is provided unless otherwise stated. All opinions are that of the editor reviewing the stated product. Some posts may contain affiliate links that Verified Mom receives commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. Verified Mom only recommends products that we personally use and feel are a good fit for our readers and their children. If a giveaway is shared, the delivery of the prize to its winner is the sole responsibility of the sponsor. This is being disclosed in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission.