After seeing the fabulous DIY Bathroom makeover from The House of Smiths, my husband and I just had to try this in our boys bathroom. We studied and read the post over and over again just to make sure we knew what we were doing. The whole project cost us $27.00. Here is our journey.
Here is our bathroom before we started.
Now on to the how to do it yourself!
Paint – we chose white since we already had it.
Long, flat piece of floor molding. Cost $6.00
2 or 3 large drawer pulls. $5.00each
2 pieces of unpainted flat molding strips. $3each
Hammer, nails, liquid nails, electric screwdriver, level, painters tape, measuring tape, saw, (miter saw works best) and chaulking. Had all on hand. Liquid nails cost $5.00
1. Paint all molding pieces. Let dry.
2. Measure wall and molding to be cut. Remember to measure twice and cut once. 🙂
4. Place the drawer pulls in place and secure them with the screws.
8. Paint entire area under neath the molding strip and once chaulking dries, paint over the nail holes on strip.
10. Measure and cut the size of the box you want to use. Be sure to use a saw that can cut in a 45degree angle for best results. There should be 4 pieces.
12. Line the back of each piece with liquid nails and secure on the wall. Hold in place for a few seconds. Use painters tape to hold in place.
All finished! Now, my goal was to add a design of some sorts inside the box. But, have not found time to do so yet. But, I think the turn out was fantastic and just what I wanted!!! I could not be happier and I hope that you find this a wonderful and easy DIY project too! I would love to see what you have done!
You can check out House of Smiths at www.houseofsmiths.com and you can check out my site at www.creativedesignsbytoni.com.
Disclosure: Verified Mom receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation is provided unless otherwise stated. All opinions are that of the editor reviewing the stated product. Some posts may contain affiliate links that Verified Mom receives commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. Verified Mom only recommends products that we personally use and feel are a good fit for our readers and their children. If a giveaway is shared, the delivery of the prize to its winner is the sole responsibility of the sponsor. This is being disclosed in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission.