Makes 8 servings
• *1 pound lean ground beef (make sure to use lean or it will be really greasy)
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• *1 onion chopped
• *1 16-ounce bag frozen green beans
• *1 can cream of mushroom soup
• *1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 21-ounce bag tater tots
****1. Crumble raw ground beef in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Layer remaining ingredients on beef in order listed.
3. Cover. Cook on high 1 hour, Reduce heat to low and cook for 3 hours.
Personal Alteration from community member Trillmom:
* I used 2.5 lbs of beef, no onion, canned green beans to cover the beef, family size can of great value soup, 2 cups cheese.
****I fried and drained my ground beef first, simply because I don’t buy lean ground beef – it’s too expensive. I then layered everything in the pan, and put it in the oven for at the temp and time for the tater tots. It turned out perfect, and the kids LOVED it!!
This meal cost just over $12.00 – I buy in bulk so the cost is really an estimate – you could probably follow the original and do it for close to $5 – that’s a great way to feed 5 people!
Ground beef – 5lbs $9.88 = 4.94
Green beans – Giant can $3.16 = $1.00
Soup – $1.94
Cheese, 6 cup bag – $5.84 = $2.92
Tater tots $1.33
Disclosure: Verified Mom receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation is provided unless otherwise stated. All opinions are that of the editor reviewing the stated product. Some posts may contain affiliate links that Verified Mom receives commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. Verified Mom only recommends products that we personally use and feel are a good fit for our readers and their children. If a giveaway is shared, the delivery of the prize to its winner is the sole responsibility of the sponsor. This is being disclosed in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission.