Yes, that is Pumpkin Bread made in your crock pot! I wasn’t too sure how this one would come out, but it was fantastic! Soft and moist and aside from the canned pumpkin, I had everything I needed in my pantry! It is very simple to make and cooks in about 3 hours. You will need a large crockpot/slow cooker for this to work.
What you will need:
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cup of flour (sifted)
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
How to make:
- Blend the oil and both of the sugars together in a large bowl.
- Then stir in the beaten eggs and canned pumpkin. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into a greased or oiled bread pan. (I used the olive oil spray.)
- Add two cups of water to your crockpot and place the pan into a crock pot.
- Cover the top of the crockpot with eight-ten paper towels. This is to trap condensation and keep the bread from becoming mushy.
- Place the crock pot lid on top of the crockpot (I tried to make sure the paper towels were trapped around the lid so they didn’t slip) and bake on high 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Thanks to pinterest and http://www.letsgetcrockin.com/2012/04/crockpot-pumpkin-bread/ for the fab pumpkin bread recipe!
Disclosure: Verified Mom receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation is provided unless otherwise stated. All opinions are that of the editor reviewing the stated product. Some posts may contain affiliate links that Verified Mom receives commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. Verified Mom only recommends products that we personally use and feel are a good fit for our readers and their children. If a giveaway is shared, the delivery of the prize to its winner is the sole responsibility of the sponsor. This is being disclosed in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission.