This recipe was very easy to make and was a HUGE hit in our house! I had to emphasize huge because my very picky eater asked for seconds and even thirds! This is a keeper!!!
3-5 chicken breast
salt and pepper
1 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup canola oil
3/4 cups of sugar
4 tbsp ketchup
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp garlic salt
How to make:
- Cut chicken into 1in cubes.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Heat oil in skillet
- Dip chicken into cornstarch, cover completely and then dip into beaten eggs
- Place chicken in skillet and cook until brown
- Place chicken in a baking dish, typically 9×9 or 9×13
- Wisk all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl
- Pour over chicken, evenly
- Turn chicken to coat all sides with sauce.
- Cook in 350 degree oven for about 15 min.
- Remove chicken and turn to coat with sauce again.
- Cook for 15 more minutes.
I served chicken and sauce over white rice and a veggie on the side. Everyone in the house loved it and there were no leftovers!
I forgot to take pictures while cooking. 🙁
Thanks to http://madeitateitlovedit.blogspot.com/2012/03/sweet-and-sour-chicken.html for sharing your recipe.
Disclosure: Verified Mom receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation is provided unless otherwise stated. All opinions are that of the editor reviewing the stated product. Some posts may contain affiliate links that Verified Mom receives commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. Verified Mom only recommends products that we personally use and feel are a good fit for our readers and their children. If a giveaway is shared, the delivery of the prize to its winner is the sole responsibility of the sponsor. This is being disclosed in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission.