When we first moved into our home, I painted this kids/guest bathroom builder grade beige.
That was my style… dark beige, red, gold and leopard print. Who would’ve thought right?
This photo was taken right after I painted it dark beige.
After living with this for a while… I wanted a complete 180 degree style change.
Que the shabbying and painting of everything white and distressing!
And there my friends was the start of my DIY life.
So much brighter!
Now let’s break this down…
DIY board & batten $30
Gold mirror (yard sale find) $10
Crystal knobs for the cabinets (hobby lobby) $10
Aqua, mint & white floral shower curtain (target) gifted but was $19.99
Flower picture behind toilet (already had)
Crystal shower rod (TJMAXX) $19.99
Chandelier (ReStore) $10
Crystals for chandelier (marshalls) $4.99
Spray paint for chandelier $5
Frame for DIY chicken wire photo holder (thrift store) $3
I already had all the paint & accessories…
GRAND TOTAL: $93!!
It was a TOTAL makeover!
HERE’S WHAT I DID:
1. I demo’d the mirror. First I taped it all up then hit it with a hammer. Then threw away the pieces. I don’t believe in bad luck! Just blessings!
2. I painted the cabinet white and added crystals knobs
3. I painted 1/3 the wall gray and the rest white.
4. I added board & batten. I did NOT use MDF. I wanted it to be thicker so I used wood slats but used the same technique.
5. I caulked then painted the board and batten slats white.
6. I spray painted the chandelier and added crystals. More on that later.
7. I hung the yard sale mirror.
8. I added all the accessories.
There are still some more projects that I have planned for this makeover but one thing at a time!