The 2018 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring had to easily be the smoothest ride. When I was presented with the opportunity to test drive the new vehicle I was, I’d say, more than thrilled. I absolutely love testing out new cars, SUV’s, minivans, sedans, you name it! It lets me live out my inner car geek once again. I mean, come on. Look at how gorgeous this girl is. We dubbed her Carla.
2018 Subaru Forester Features
I wanted to quickly point out some of the features that I absolutely fell in love with.
- Heated Steering Wheel – in Chicago, the windy city, you definitely will learn to love the heated steering wheel! My husband laughed at me because I was really excited about this. While it looks nice outside in the pictures, it was cold and windy! Go figure.
- The lighting! When you get out of the car, there is lighting that will light up the street. I just happen to notice this because I dropped something as I opened the door and I was able to find it in the dark! Brilliant!
- Rear vision camera – I don’t have one in my current car so this to me was very neat. I tried not to rely on it but I can see where it could become a handy tool when backing up or out of parking spaces.
- Blind spot detection – I love that you get a notification blinking on the side mirrors when there is another vehicle in what is considered your blind spot. It is a great feature, especially for new or inexperienced drivers. I currently have two of those in my house so to me, this is a necessity!
- Panoramic Moonroof! While it was cold out, I still took advantage of having the panoramic moonroof. My daughter said she would take this vehicle out every night and stargaze! It’s HUGE!
More Things To Love About the 2018 Subaru Forester
I currently drive a small compact car and driving around in the 2018 Subaru Forester made me really miss driving an SUV. It was spacious and the headroom was incredible. Of course, being 5’2″ I don’t have an issue with not enough headroom! Even though it is a larger sized vehicle it was really good on gas with its 15.9-gallon tank. The 2018 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring has some key features now like 10-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar and 2-position memory, navigation with harman/kardon premium audio, one-touch folding rear seatback, leather-trimmed upholstery, 18″ alloy wheels and dual-zone automatic climate control. The dual-zone automatic climate control was perfect for me because I’m always hot so I blast the air even in the dead of winter! My passenger appreciates the dual climate controls! The pricing for the model that I drove was approximately $34,000.00.
Giving it back was torture to me. I had thoughts of perhaps hiding it in my garage or stealing it. I didn’t do either but I sure will miss driving it every day!