*The PEEPS & COMPANY® products, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by PEEPS & COMPANY®.*
Celebrate Easter With Peeps
Ever since the kids were little I would fill their baskets up with sweet treats and Peeps! Easter is not complete with out the marshmallow goodiness that you can only get from Peeps. I would fill each little plastic Easter egg with a special clue that would take them running around the house in desperate search for their baskets. It was something my mom and dad did with my brother and I that I wanted to pass along to my kids. It had always been a fun memory of mine…until my mom had us running outside in our pj’s looking for clues. It wasn’t bad until I reached the age of about 13 and did not want my neighbor friends to see me outside running around looking like a major dork collecting my plastic eggs.
Last year Gianna still believed in the Easter bunny so I was still able to hide the plastic eggs around the house, but now that her life has been shattered knowing that I hold the key to their Easter happiness, I think this year I’ll make them all run around outside looking for their baskets! Hey, I’m just paying it forward, only my oldest is 17 and I am sure it would be way more embarrassing for her than it was ever for me!
This year, Peeps shared their amazing new products with me and honestly, I didn’t think they would last until Easter! I will neither confirm or deny that I may or may not have eaten a majority of these Peeps while testing out my Peeps Treats!
The first batch I ruined because I microwaved the cute little bunnies to death. It turned out to be a disgusting, smelly mess! Fear not….I was determined to make it work so I tried again, learning from my mistake! All you do is melt the Peeps in a microwavable bowl for one minute. Watch it though because the marshmallows rise quite a bit. When it was done, I just stirred it to make it smooth in texture. I sprayed a few sprays of butter spray (say that 10 times really fast) and stirred in enough crispies until the Peeps were all covered. Then I just placed it on a piece of wax paper and flattened it out. I used cute spring and Easter cookie cutters to make my treats. The Peeps I used were the Sour Watermelon and while sour isn’t my thing, the kids enjoyed them and they turned out really cute!
So, what are some of the fun things I received?
· 5-inch PEEPS® Plush: Spread the joy of PEEPS® when you give this plush PEEPS® chick as a gift to those of any age (assortment of colors). *not included in giveaway*
· PEEPS® earbuds: If you need a sweet bit of time to yourself, let your favorite yellow PEEPS Chick take you away with your favorite music through these PEEPS earbuds. Get a dose of stress relief, in stereo, every time you put them on and crank up the tunes! *not included in giveaway*
· PEEPS® luggage tag: From candy to cute accessory, these PEEPS® luggage tags add a pop of color and whimsy to your gear (assortment of colors). *not included in giveaway*
· PEEPS® Orange Delight Flavored Marshmallow Dipped in Orange Fudge: These three Chicks are orange delight flavored and dipped in orange fudge to enhance the flavor. Share them with your friends or keep them for yourself!
· PEEPS® Marshmallow Chicks: The five and 15 count packages of the iconic PEEPS® Chicks are available in classic Easter colors including yellow, pink, blue, lavender, green, and orange Chicks! The 10 count package of Chicks is available in all of the classic Easter colors as well as white.
· PEEPS® Marshmallow Bunnies: The four count bunnies come in classic yellow, pink and blue colors. The 12 count bunnies come in classic colors as well as lavender, white, green and orange. The 16 count are packaged in classic colors plus lavender and green.
· PEEPS® Sugar Free Marshmallow Chicks: Back by popular demand, PEEPS® offers a sugar-free Chick! The Chick is perfect as an Easter basket essential and baked good enhancement. *not included in giveaway*
· PEEPS® Decorated Eggs: Nine white eggs iced with pastel colors in 3 unique designs, these eggs are great for recipes, crafts and immediate consumption.
· PEEPS® Party Cake Flavored Marshmallow Chicks: Ten delicious vanilla cake flavored marshmallow chicks sprinkled with fun rainbow confetti.
· PEEPS® Sour Watermelon Flavored Marshmallow Chicks: Sweet and sour flavors collide to create a burst of watermelon in these ten green chicks with a blush pink center.
· PEEPS® Chocolate Dipped Mousse Flavored Marshmallow Chicks: Three delectable chocolate mousse-flavored Chicks dipped in either creamy milk or dark chocolate.
· PEEPS® PEEPSTERS®: Bite-size combination of delectable chocolate and delicious marshmallow flavored crème. Available in creamy milk chocolate or rich dark chocolate varieties. *not included in giveaway*
· PEEPS® Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Chicks: Individually wrapped marshmallow chicks covered in either milk or dark chocolate.
· PEEPS® Rainbow Pop: Four chicks in colors yellow, green, pink and blue marshmallow on a stick- it’s like a colorful PEEPS® lollipop.
· MIKE AND IKE® Easter Treats: Bring chewy, fruity goodness this Easter season with a 10 oz. gift bag of MIKE AND IKE® Easter Treats flavors. Filled with grape, pineapple-banana, strawberry, lemon-lime, and cherry-flavored MIKE AND IKE® candies – and all made with real fruit juice – this gift will put a spring in anybody’s step as the bright new season gets underway.
· MIKE AND IKE® Jellybeans: The Assorted Fruits MIKE AND IKE® JELLY BEANS are a fan favorite.
· HOT TAMALES® Jellybeans: Celebrate Easter with our cinnamon-flavored jelly beans (14 oz. package)
If you want to grab some of these Easter fave’s visit the PEEPS & COMPANY(R) website and get 20% your next purchase, no minimum required, from February 15 through April 15, 2016. Discount code: EASTERTREATS
And if that wasn’t enough, the great folks at PEEPS & COMPANY (R) are going to provide one lucky reader with a box full of goodies of their own! *NOTE* Giveaway winners will not receive the 5-inch PEEPS® Plush, PEEPS® earbuds, or PEEPS® luggage tag…sorry! To enter, just follow the Rafflecopter instructions and you’re good to go!
Do you celebrate Easter with Peeps too?